Space Exploration - Is It Worth The Cost?
Throughout the whole issue of 'Space Exploration' the BNC have been busy writing posts or comments about their opinions. Finally, the issue comes to an end and that's why I am summarising up all of the PROS and CONS about it.
Here are my thoughts...
- Inventions that are useful to us
- It increases our knowledge
- International cooperation
- It is an opportunity to explore something new
- It allows us to understand our planet better
- A new perspective on our place in the universe
- Access to new minerals, precious metals, other stuff
- Change our approach to medicine
- It creates high-level pollution events
- Exploring space is a costly venture
- It gives us more ways to be paranoid about what others are doing
- It is expensive to keep on exploring space
- Exploring space means we’re leaving a lot of litter behind
- No agreements are in place for rich resources that may exist in space
- It is a venture that will always have risks
- We could bring harm to other species
Personally, I do think that it is worth the cost because we are exploring our universe and discovering new materials,sources and precious metals. If we stop SPACE EXPLORATION now we will never increase our knowledge on the world around us.I have enjoyed this issue and are looking forward to the next one!