We all get jealous of MPs at some points but would being an MP actually benefit for you? MPs have to be in the public eye, not as much as celebrities but the public are watching them most of the time they are out and about which is a lot of the time. On a daily basis an MP will answer phonecalls, be at big public events and visit schools as well as many other things including being busy in Parliament. I cannot say that MPs have a boring life that you would not want to have because they do have a good life and can pass laws through parliment. Though do MPs have a better life than you?
Lets have a look at the good and bad things about being an MP.
Good things about being an MP
- You will get paid a lot of money
- You can make laws
- You can vote on everything
- You are in contact with the prime minister
Bad things about being an MP
- You are watched closely by the public
- Your standards are higher
- You have more responsibility and therefore more problems
- The decisions you make are serious and you have to get them right
- If you support the prime minister and people don't like him or her they will not like you
So after reading this do you want to be an MP?