Play, pause, talk BNC session video!
Join Tom and Olivia for this week's session. In this video, we'll walk you through each activity, give examples and hints, and then ask you to pause and complete the activities in your own time. Check it out!
Scroll down for all of the activities from this session.
Have you heard anything that relates to the Issue since last week? This could be things you have seen in the news, conversations you have had on the Hub or something else that links to an infodemic or the media.
- Have you seen anything in the news that could shape the story?
Read each of these questions. For each one, pick one of these emojis that sums up your reaction to it. Can you say why you feel that way?
- How should news make people feel?
- How do people feel during an infodemic?
- What do you think about the power the public has over which types of story appear in the news?
- What do you think about the power the media has over what the public think and do?
- How do you feel about the media’s ability to shape a story?
CHALLENGE: can you come up with your own questions about the infodemic for people in the comments section to answer?
Choose one of these statistics, perhaps the one that surprises you the most. Your Final Piece for this Issue is to write an information pull-out page that could be printed in a newspaper to help people navigate the covid-19 infodemic.
Need some help to get started? Read through the worksheet first and then check out this example to show you how it's done.
Over to you!
This week, it's time to get working on your Final Piece posts! You might want to create your pull-out on a piece of paper (be as creative as you like!), photograph it and then upload it OR your could write it out as a post.