Below are some guidelines about getting your posts to do with Space on the Hub!
In general, you should be commenting much more than you post. Comments help you connect with each other and enjoy showing agreement or disagreement, and asking and answering questions. If you do want to make a post, make sure it follows these three....
3 Top Tips for Posting:
- Posts must present a completely NEW idea - one that HASN'T been discussed before. Always check to see if your question or point has already been raised, and if it has, comment on that one!
- Posts must gives an OPINION on the issue with reasons to support it - therefore it must be longer than a comment.
- It needs to be about the current issue - Space! We will accept posts on Hong Kong for a short while, but once we're fully into Space it'll be Space and nothing else! You can still comment on old issues, though.
Please check the Hub for your question before you create a post.
We are seeing a number of acrostic poems and A-Z's -we have welcomed the first few, but we want to see you challenge yourself to come up with different questions and ideas about Space.
Poems and A-Z's do not give us much to comment on as they are usually a collection of words and phrases that link to the topic.
Why not think of a new and interesting question that will get other students on the Hub thinking?
Why didn’t my comment or post go onto the Hub?
It might be because of one of these reasons:
- We haven’t published it yet
Comments are approved within 24 hours, Monday to Friday
- It asked a question that has already been asked
Before asking a new question, always check to see if someone else has asked it. If they have, comment on their post rather than making a new one.
- It was not about the current Issue
We keep all discussions on the Hub focused on the current Issue. This means you should only be discussing your BNC sessions and ideas that relate to it.
- It was not appropriate
Comments that might upset people will not be published
- It did not add something useful to the discussion
Very short replies such as “haha”, “lol” and “OK” will not be approved
- It was not your own work
Posts that have been copied and pasted from the internet, or from another club member’s work, will not be approved. If you are copying and pasting information from the internet you must include the web link to show where you found the information, and you must give an opinion on what you have found.
- It’s still saved as a draft
Check ‘YOUR POSTS’ if you can’t find a post that you have written. It might be saved as a draft.