Hello and thanks for reading this issue of The Golden Glade. Our names are Shea and Izzy Paynes, and today we will be focussing on the future of work.
The three main predicted changes include:
- The gig ecnonomy
- Remote working
Now we will be talking about remote working. (pros and cons)
What is remote working?
Remote working is when you work from a different place to your colleagues e.g. from home. Here are the pros and cons of working remotely.
- The workers can spend more time with their family.
- No commuting is involved - less hours are wasted travelling to and from your workplace.
- It helps the environment by not driving around, polluting the atmosphere.
- You miss out on the social interaction of an office space.
- In a work environment you can share ideas, and your toddler won't interrupt an important call with your boss but at home they might!
- You might damage your eyes, being in front of a screen all day.
- IT failures could happen meaning possible lost ideas.
- Your door bell might ring while you are in a call.
- If you have a you have pet it might bark or go on your desktop/keyboard!!!!!!!!
Should we have a choice of remote working or not?
We found some very interesting stats from an international survey: 89% of remote workers said they wanted to have the choice of home working even when the Covid19 pandemic is finished!
We think that we should have a choice to stay at home and do your work remotely because it is a lot easier, you do not use up time, you will get a lot more work done and you can spend time with your family or your pet.
What do you think? Should we carry on working at home... or not?
I have some questions for you: (please answer in the comments)
- Has the pandemic changed people's minds about staying at home?
- Should kids work from home?
Thanks for reading 😊
strong_quince and shining_queen ❤ ;)