Hello, my name is sincere_atom and today l will be talking about whether working from home or on a site is better. Since the pandemic has started, lots more people have started to work from home, prior to social distancing and its not just adults that have been working from home, many children have been learning from home as well. So is working from home or on site better?
Working from home pros:
- If people are working from home they have more time to be spending with, family and friends.
- If people are working from home they can save money on transport and clothes because they dont need to buy fancy clothes for work.
- If people are working from home they don't need to wake up as early, which can lead to a healthier lifestyle, they also have more time to be cooking proper meals rather than getting store bought food which is unhealthier than a proper meal.
- If people are working from home they aren't travelling to and fro, which can help the planet because they are not using pollution.
- If people are working from home they learn self-discipline and having self-motivation.
So, obviously working from home has a lot of pros, however there are also some cons.
Working from home cons:
- If people are working from home they may forget to show up at their meetings because they are not being reminded about it.
- If people are working from home they arent being supervised which means that they could not actually be doing work when they should be.
- If people are working from home they are using more elctricity and water which means that their bills will cost more money.
- If people are working from home they are more likely to be sitting at a desk rather than moving around a site. This is unhealthier as they will not be getting as much excersise as they usally might.
- If people are working from home they do not get the same kind of interaction with co-workers as they would if they were working together.
After looking at both sides of the argument there are many positives and negatives about working from home. I think that working from home can be good and bad. I think this because people who are introverts may prefer to work from home as they arent around others, whereas someone who likes being around others may want to work on site as they are with other people. So I think that they are equally good and equally bad, it depends on who is trying for the job.