On the news, you can always find an article about the environment. Probably nobody takes their time to read it. But we should. Our Earth is screaming to us, telling us to take care of it. Why don't we? Is it because we don't care or is it because we are always so busy with other things that you don't think about that crisp packet you may have thrown on the floor? Or that sweet packet you dropped? The world needs to be taken care of. We won't survive on a world where fires are happening or where the air is being polluted. All these issues contribute towards ruining the weather all over the world. Here are some ways that we are stopping good weather bless us.
- Every day, 27,000 trees are cut down just to make toilet paper!
- If we recycled just one newspaper, we could save 75,000 trees that are spreading oxygen to our lungs.
- If you throw a plastic bag into the ocean, it will take 20 years to fully decompose, a bottle takes 450 years and a fishing line takes 600 years. In all that time imagine how many sea animals may eat these items!
- 50,000 species of animals in our beautiful forests become extinct every year. That's around 137 species per day!#
- 100 acres of rainforests are cut down per minute.
- Landfills are composed of 35% packaging materials.
These are just a few of the facts that we should reflect on. If we don't, our weather isn't going to be enjoyable. We need to become more eco-friendly in order to save what's still left of Earth. Australia's bushfires caused it to look orange from space and we still don't care about that? Carbon dioxide from our cars, buses and other modes of transport are also afeecting the weather. We need to start caring now!
All facts found from:
(The 3rd fact was found from Google if you search up how long it takes for a plasti bag to decompose.)