Please add your answers in a comment at the bottom of this page - and not as a new post!
Watch this video from 0:30 until 2:20
Draw a quick picture to represent what you have watched. Here's an example:
Watch this video from the start until 1:07
Draw a quick picture to represent what you have watched.
Can you add three words to each picture that you think are important?
- Why is it important to hear directly from the people who have experienced the events?
- Would everyone have the same experience of these events?
Explore two case studies - one from Haiti and one from Australia
If you are working with someone else, read one case study each and then swap answers.
Then complete this comprehension and comparison sheet.
Research an extreme-weather event that has happened in the last ten years.
- What happened?
- What was the response?
- What was the impact?
Discuss, or think about, these questions:
- How has extreme weather impacted people’s lives in different parts of the world? Think about things like health, finance and work
- Which groups of people have felt the impact the most?
- How has your community responded to extreme-weather events?
Over to you!
Head to the comments section below to share some of your answers and discuss these activities with people from different schools.