The Link Between Pollution And Extreme Weather
Many of you might have questioned what does the topic Renewable Resources Revolution have to do with Extreme Weather.
A main cause for extreme weather is the increase in the temperature of the atmosphere. As cars, factories and machines keep using non-renewable resources such as oil and gas, they release a gas called carbon dioxide. This is a greenhouse gas that traps heat emitted from the Earth and stops it from escaping out of the Earth.
As you may have heard over the news, many scientists are trying to avoid using non-renewable resources and use renewable resources such as solar power. Also car manufacturers have developed electric cars which produce less pollution. You might have also seen wind turbines or solar panels which produce electricity without causing pollution. Less pollution means that there is less carbon dioxide released in the air resulting in a decline in the increase of the temperature of the atmosphere reducing the amount of extreme weather.
Some advantages of using renewable resources are:
- Less pollution
- It won't run out
- Maintainance cost is cheaper
- It is cheaper to use in the long term
- It reduces the reliance on foreign energy sources.
- Has many health benifits
As with advantages there are disadvantages. Some disadvantages of using renewable resources are:
- Geographical Limitation
- Does not produce a lot of energy
- They are not available 24 hours
- Low efficiency levels
- Higher upfront cost
Non-renewable resources have disadvantages along with disadvantage. The advantages of non-renewable resources are:
- produce large amounts of energy
- Huge profits are gained from selling non-renewable resources
- Non-renewable energy can be used and found anywhere.
- They are very easily stored
- They are easily transported
- It is more compatible
ThThe disadvantages of non-renewable resources are:
- They are very time consuming to produce
- They produce carbon dioxide which is a greenhouse gas
- They are not renewable which means they will run out
- They are responsible for acid rain
- Products produced using non-renewable resources are not biodegradable
Now that you know the advantages and disadvantages of renewable and non-renewable resources, are you for or against avoiding to use non-renewable resources? Or do you think that we should carry on using non-renewable resources? Or maybe you think that in some industrial places we should use renewable resources and some places we shouldn't.?