Hello! I am selfassured_journalist. This post is about what famous people are doing to save the environment. At the end, there are also a few tips for what people can do at home to protect the world.
Let's start with the government.
What is the government doing?
- It's likely that you've heard about the government's plan to go Net Zero. This basically means that the government is working to balance the amount of greenhouse gasses emmitted.
- If you're thinking,"Why isn't there a goal to go gross zero (to stop greenhouse gasses altogether?)" The government reason that this is not possible. We can't make greenhouse gasses extinct but we can always reduce the emmissions.
- The government is also aiming to reduce the "dirty fuels" used. These include coal and oil. They say the UK should aim to use more renewable sources. A way to do ths is to install solar panels.
Let's move on to climate activists. Below are listed a few of the most well known activists and their plans.
1. Greta Thunberg
The young climate activist left school and started sitting outside the Swedish Parliament on Fridays as part of a climate strike. Since then, she has risen to greater opportunities, such as challenging many famous figures to take action on climate change. She does simple things such as not flying by aeroplane unless it's an emergency. This, she says, is a simple way to lessen her carbon footprint. Her young age, however, causes many sceptical people to ignore her messages.
2. David Attenbourough
David Attenbourough, aged 95, is best known for writing about the world. Once, he had a career in which he became "involved" with animals. His affection for creatures caused him to care about their habitats more than ever. His work earned him many titles and creatures were named after him, such as a dragonfly named Attenbourough's pintail.
Finally, let's look at World Leaders.
World leaders are:
- Trying. The Paris Climate Agreement was signed in hope of saving the world. However, people doubt that just "signing the docs," will work.
- Being challenged. Many protests have taken to the streets globally. Their aims are to convince leaders that they need to do more.
We're nearly done! Here are my top tips to save the world:
1. Do gardening
Planting trees and flowers remove carbon dioxide from our air
2. Try to change to electric or hybrid vehicles
These cause less pollution. Even better still, switch to walking wherever you can
3. Try getting your energy from solar panels or wind turbines
This reduces greenhouse gasses
Thanks for reading,