In this post, I aim to answer any questions or queries you may have had about the voting system for the election in November.
In the upcoming American Presidential Election, the methods of voting are as follows:
- You can still vote in person, you will just have to stand 6 feet apart from anyone else, and you will have to wear a mask.
- You can "Vote Early", this means that people can cast their vote before election day, in the hope that this will keep them away from people. The only disadvantage to "early voting" is that your vote will not be tied to your address; it will be tied to your jurisdiction.
- You can vote by mail - the clue is in the name! You either put your ballot into the post and post it to your designated authorities/counting office. Or you can put it in a dropbox, which will then be mailed to the counting office.
- There will be no online voting, but this may change if a national lockdown is enforced.
- Each state will have a set of rules needing to be abided by for you to vote, states may choose to create a new way of voting.
I hope that this has answered any questions you may have or have had about how people will vote in the 2020 American Presidential Election.
If you have any other question, leave me a comment, and I will try to answer them as quickly as possible.